Abdominal & Pelvic Conditions
Medical imaging is used to diagnose pain in the abdomen or pelvic area as well as to diagnose diseases of the colon, small bowel and internal organs. It is also used to guide biopsies and plan radiation treatments for abdominal tumors. It can be used to monitor chemotherapy response and to help plan for organ transplants.
Some of the abdominal or pelvic conditions diagnosed using medical imaging are:
- Infections such as appendicitis and abscesses;
- Chron’s disease, pancreatitis, cirrhosis of the liver;
- Abdominal aortic aneurysms;
- Internal organ injuries caused by trauma;
- Kidney and bladder stones;
- Liver, pancreas, kidney, ovarian and bladder cancers.
An experienced radiologist can accurately diagnose conditions that left undetected could cause much more trauma to the body as in the case of appendicitis or abscesses. Early detection of cancer allows treatment to begin at an earlier stage thus increasing the chances of a positive outcome for the patient.
The expert team of medical professionals and support staff at Optima Diagnostic Imaging stand ready to help you find the cause of your pain at an early stage thereby reducing the risks involved with the condition.